To provide an opportunity for teens to develop leadership and teaching skills in a fun, inclusive environment, while providing younger campers with positive role models.
- Be 13-17 years old
- Have participated in ELC programs previously
- Be willing to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have reliable transportation on the days they wish to volunteer
- Commit to volunteering a minimum of 40 hours throughout the summer
- Have a passion for the outdoors
- Attend CIT informational meeting with parent/guardian in April (time and date TBD)
- Attend the CIT training on May 31, 2019
This volunteer program allows CITs to work with younger campers in order to develop leadership and teaching skills. CITs will set personal goals at the beginning of the summer, which they will work towards throughout their volunteer experience. Tasks may include helping with daily planning and supervision of camp, leading games and short lessons and assisting with setting up and putting away camp supplies. CITs will primarily work with the youngest group in each camp, students ages 6-9 years old.
There is a maximum of two CITs per camp week. CITs will commit to volunteering for at least half of each day of camp; a minimum of 4 hours per day, Monday-Friday. During the application process, CIT applicants will be asked during which camps they prefer to volunteer. A schedule will be put together based on all applicants’ requests and will be completed by May 1.
Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the Summer Day Camp schedule.
Applications for Summer 2019 will be available starting December 14 and will be accepted through 5pm on March 15, 2019. CITs and parents will be required to attend an informational meeting in April, date and time TBD.
Final volunteer schedule will be completed by May 1.
All CITs are required to attend training on May 31, 2019.