Girls Advancing Scientific Progress (GASP!) is our award winning girls-only science after school program. It provides girls the opportunity to explore science in a hands-on setting and learn from female role models. In 2012, GASP! was awarded the Best New Program Award for Excellence in Environmental Education by the Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education!
Girls participating in GASP! will get the opportunity to…
- Interact with female scientists
- Work with other girls on hands-on science experiments
- Record and present their findings
- Exchange ideas and letters with our GASP! sister programs in Kenya and Cape Verde
- Share learning with their families at our family events
- Learn about careers available to them in the sciences
- See themselves as scientists!
The GASP! program is available to girls in grades 3-5 and takes place after school once a week for seven weeks. In addition to the weekly lessons, we offer two family events each semester at which the girls and their families can learn and explore together.
We currently offer GASP! at several elementary schools in Fort Collins and Loveland. If you would like GASP! to
be offered at your elementary school, please have the enrichment/after school program coordinator at the school contact us. We would be happy to work with them to offer this opportunity to the girls at your elementary school! For questions about GASP!, please contact us at email@example.com or (970) 491-1661.